1986-88 Lecturer in Business Studies
1988-92 Senior Lecturer in Business Studies
1992-98 Curriculum Area Manager Business Studies
1998-04 Head of School, Business and Professional Studies
2004-12 Director of Curriculum, Vocational and Professional Studies
2012/22 AQA and Edexcel Business, A Level Examiner.
2015/18 Pearson Level 4 Professional Qualifications, Chief of Examiners
TEACHING EXPERIENCE AND APPROACH
Jeff is passionate about Business Studies, and able to encourage, motivate and to instil a love of learning in his students. He is also very aware of the requirements of the different examining bodies, how the curriculum is best organised and what students need to do to maximise their grades by applying the appropriate techniques.
Jeff has worked with many students, from private tutees to students attending private and state schools and understands how to support and engage students with a wide range of different needs and abilities.
As a tutor, since 2012, Jeff has supported students from universities: UCL, Kings College, Imperial College, Leeds, City, Birkbeck, Royal Holloway and Regents Universities, and schools: Harrow, Charterhouse, Millfield, Stowe, Bradfield, Wellington, Uppingham, Marlborough, Mill Hill, Bryanston, Canfield, Bedales, Roedean and Cheltenham Ladies College.
Tutoring case studies 2016/22:
- Supported student for 2 years on her A Level Business, online delivery. She obtained an A* and has progressed on to Business Management at St Andrews (July 22)
- Tutor to student at Leeds University throughout his three-year Business Management degree. Supported the student with all his course units and final dissertation. The student obtained a 2:1 degree from the university (July 2021)
- Full time tutor to student who had left his two previous schools during the first year of A Level Business. I completed both years of the syllabus with the student in one year. The student obtained an A grade. (June 2020)
- Tutored student online from February to June and helped her raise her predicted grade from D/C to an A with AQA exam board. (June 2019)
- Supported student to retake two papers at A level, Economics and Business. Student achieved an A in both papers and an A grade overall (Edexcel June 2019)
- Assisted 3 students at Regents University to complete their final year dissertations on BA Business Studies and Global Management. (2017/19)
- Full time tutor to a student with ME, raised his predicted Business Studies grade from a C to an A (AQA August 2018).
- Tutored a student during weekends and holidays from boarding school. Raised his predicted A/S Business Studies grade from a D in April mocks to an A* at A/S level (AQA August 2018)
- Provided tutorial support at weekends and holidays to a student at boarding school. Achieved an overall A* grade in Business Studies A level, significantly beyond expectation (AQA August 2017)